1% AFFF Foam Concentrate
Ships via freight
Chemguard Inc.View more by Chemguard Inc.
Chemguard develops and produces fire suppression foams, equipment, and systems, specialty foam pumps, and fluorosurfactant specialty chemicals for demanding applications around the globe.
Due to the weight of foam, a special handling fee will apply. This product does not qualify for free shipping and standard freight shipping costs will be assessed at checkout.
Sold in 5-gallon containers
Chemguard 1% AFFF is a specially formulated, synthetic, aqueous film forming foam concentrate. A vapor suppressing aqueous film is formed by the foam solution draining from the expanded foam blanket. It is intended for use at a proportioning rate of 1% (1 part AFFF concentrate to 99 parts water) on Class B hydrocarbon type fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc. Chemguard 1% AFFF is not intended for use on fuels, which are polar solvent/water miscible such as alcohols, ketones, esters, etc.
- U.L. Listed, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- U.L. recommended application rate on hydrocarbon type fuels is .10/gpm ft²
- FM Approved
- Suitable for use with either fresh or salt water
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class A fuel type fires
- Suitable for use with both air-aspirating foam and standard water fog nozzles
- Suitable for use with deluge or closed head foam water sprinkler systems
- If inadvertently frozen, thawing will render product completely serviceable again
- Suitable for use with carbon steel, fiberglass, polyethylene or stainless steel. Chemguard 1% AFFF is not compatible with galvanized pipe or fittings in an undiluted form.
- Suitable for use with dry chemical extinguishing agents.