BarriAire Gold Hoods
PGIView more by PGI
The range and sophistication of PGI protective garments is unsurpassed. From high-tech protective gear to industry-leading flame resistant fabrics, our garments reach their full potential with PGI's detailed performance design and manufacturing capabilities.
Can less really be more? Only if it’s a COBRA™ BarriAire™ Gold Hood. Fact is, in wear trials firefighters found the weight, breathability and feel comparable to that of a traditional hood. Additionally, BarriAire Gold Hoods are not loud like PTFE laminated hoods, which can adversely affect a firefighter’s ability to communicate and situational awareness. And, BarriAire Gold Hoods offer more protection from harmful particles and contaminants in the areas that pose greatest risk of exposure. BarriAire Gold Hoods combine an outer layer of PGI proprietary gold FR fabric and an inner layer of ultra‑lightweight, DuPont™ Nomex® Nano Flex fabric, which can inhibit penetration of many small size harmful particles. BarriAire Gold Hoods combine superior comfort, increased protection and maximum durability. Your fire hood is an investment in your health and safety — go for the gold, BarriAire Gold Hoods only from PGI.
- Proprietary PGI gold FR fabric for excellent heat, flame and thermal resistance with superior tensile and tear strength for longer wear life.
- BarriAire Gold Hoods combine an outer layer of PGI proprietary gold FR fabric and an inner layer of ultra‑lightweight, DuPont™ Nomex® Nano Flex fabric, which can inhibit penetration of many small size harmful particles.
- Lightweight with exceptional breathability, weight similar to hoods without a particulate barrier.
- Unlike laminated PTFE barrier hoods, BarriAire™ Gold Hoods are quiet and allow excellent hearing. Laminated PTFE hoods are annoyingly loud making a crackle noise with virtually every movement, adversely affecting communication in situational awareness.
- Uniquely quilted to stabilize and enhance particulate barrier durability.
- Exceeds industry standards of blocking 90 percent of particles between 0.1 and 1.0 microns in size.
- Inner fabric engineered to wick moisture from skin, through fabric, to outer shell where it evaporates for a drier more comfortable experience.
- Outer shell fabric features a proprietary DWR finish which allows hood to dry 2x‑3x faster than non-treated fabrics, reduces build‑up of toxic residue that is easily absorbed by non-treated fabrics and enhances the release of contaminates during washing.
- Fabric designed with a softer hand and is hypoallergenic making it more comfortable next to the skin.
- Built-in stretch and recovery, to better conform to the head and neck for true one size fits all sizing.
- Attractive gold color allows you to detect when the hood’s soiled and needs cleaning.
- Fabric is inherently static resistant.
- Generous cut with a little “ease” built into the design so the hood doesn’t fit skin tight — creates a layer of air between the hood and head which improves thermal resistance from flame and heat.
- Stronger, less bulkier stitching — all sewing and quilting done with CRAQ SPUN® AR meta‑aramid thread.
- Extra-long length (23") front and back, ensures hood stays tucked‑in even after laundry shrinkage.
- UL Certified thermal patch label facilitates tracking and identification through barcoding, sequential numbering and personalization.
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition.
- Certification to the current NFPA 1971 for Particulate Protection – Current Edition.
- EN13911: 2017 Certification Pending.