CeBeR Equipment Wipes
CeBeR equipment wipes are designed to be a self-contained, low cost wipe that is simple to use and carry. The CeBeR equipment wipes are packaged as a kit that consists of five individually packaged moistened wipes (8 x 10 in.).
On any given day, First Responders are at a high risk for exposure on emergency scenes. Smoke, soot and other products of combustion are among the most prevalent and dangerous substances emergency workers come in to contact with. These types of exposures have increased cancer rates in firefighters so much so that in 2010 the World Health Organizations International Agency for Research on Cancer named the occupation of firefighting as possibly carcinogenic to humans.
Not only are firefighters inhaling carcinogens, they are also absorbing them through their skin. The permeability of skin can increase some 400% with every 5 degree rise in surface temperature. Decontaminating equipment that comes in to contact with skin will help reduce this risk.
CeBeR equipment wipes, manufactured for Halcyon Products by STERIS, were developed and tested for use by the U.S. Department of Defense for combat field use. They were designed to be a quick and convenient way to remove harmful chemical agents from hard surfaces. Tests show that CeBeR wipes are more effective than soap and water. CeBeR wipes will absorb and remove contaminates.
The ideal time to use CeBeR wipes, on the emergency scene, is after initial fire attack, during the rehabilitation phase, but before overhaul. Cleaning hard surface personal protective equipment where there is skin contact, such as self-contained breathing apparatus, helmet liners, and portable radios, helps the first responder focus on his or her safety and well-being. Upon returning to quarters, it is highly recommended to decontaminate hard surfaces in the apparatus such as steering wheels, door handles, radios microphones and other surfaces that may have contaminates.
A kit consisting of 5 wipes each can easily be stored in each apparatus, while a box containing 60 kits should be stored in command or rehabilitation vehicles.
- Quick & Easy - Each individually wrapped CeBeR MPW for equipment is ready to use right out of the package.
- Available & Convenient - Kits can easily be stored in vehicles, incident command stations or in supply bags for quick access. A box contains 60 CeBeR kits. Each self-contained kit contains enough wipes to decontaminate each fire fighter’s personal equipment. Kits include 5 individually wrapped wipes.
- Sized Right - The wipes are large enough to fit in a gloved hand. The Dimensions are 8” x 10”.
- Equipment Compatible - Decontaminates sensitive and critical equipment to maintain operability and protection.
- Safe - The Patented STERIS CeBeR chemistry has been designed specifically to be dermatologically non-irritating.
Dimensions: 5.5 x 9 x 1 in (14 x 23 x 2.5 cm)
Kit Weight: 2.6 oz (74 g)
Shipping Container Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 12 in (46 x 46 x 30 cm)
Shipping Container Weight: 15 lbs (6.8 kg)
Shipping Container Contents: 60 CeBeR Kits
Coverage Area: CeBeR Kit capable of Decontaminating > 1.2 m2
Timing Decontamination can be accomplished in less than 5 minutes
Operating Temperature -25°F to 120°F
Storage Temperature -25°F to 160°F
- Use during rehabilitation, between initial operations and overhaul.
- Use after every fire incident, to decontaminate surfaces inside of the apparatus.
- Open wipe packet. Use wipe to decontaminate surfaces until no visible contaminates remain. Remove soot and other products of combustion from SCBA masks and helmets.
- Use additional wipes as required.
- Discard wipe after use in accordance with department or local requirements.