CMD5-MB Battery Powered CO Alarm
Ships via Standard Ground
Manufacturer Part Number:
The Xintex CMD5-MB CO alarm uses a sensor operating with a microprocessor to measure Carbon Monoxide (CO) levels. Using a “TimeWeighted Average” (TWA) process, it monitors CO concentration, temperature and time to calculate levels of Carboxyhemoglobin (COHb). COHb is the degree to which the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood is impeded by the union of carbon monoxide to the hemoglobin and is expressed as a percentage. The human body absorbs CO easier than oxygen and COHb is the ratio of absorbed carbon monoxide to oxygen in the bloodstream. The CMD5-MB alarm calculates this COHb as a function of time and determines the appropriate alarm response.
Internal battery power – no external power required
- Rapid start-up – no “burn-off” period
- More stable sensing
- Reduced false alarms
- Extremely low current draw (<4 mA)
Modern, Low Profile Design for Inconspicuous Protection
Multiple Location Warning
- When one CMD5-MB alarms, all connected CMD5-MB alarms sound.
Generator Shutdown Protection
- When dangerous CO levels are detected, the CMD5-MB automatically shuts down the generator(s) when equipped with the optional RCM-5 Relay Control Module.
Contact Closure to Third Party Monitoring System
- When the CMD5-MB alarms, the relay contact can close a circuit to a third party system with the optional RCM-5 Relay Control Module.
Installation of the detector should be at eye level for easy monitoring and service. The detector should not be mounted within one foot of corners or other “dead” air spaces or within five feet of any cooking appliance.