The unique interlocking design allows wedges to be placed in tandem vertically or horizontally.
Designed and patented by a firefighter
In the past, wedges were usually placed under the door with limited results. The FF Wedge™ with its interlocking notch design can be placed in a variety of positions giving personnel more options. The FF Wedge™ is light in weight and able to hold open a variety of door types. The wedges can be hung from a door knob, lever or handle to be used as a room search indicator. The unique interlocking design allows wedges to be placed in tandem vertically or horizontally. Available in black or yellow.
- Material: 33% glass fiber reinforced polyamide 66 nylon resin
- Wedge size: 5 ¼” long, 2” high and 1” wide
- Wedge weight: 2 ¼ ounce
- Tensile strength: 29,000 psi
- Flexion strength: 39,900 psi
- Melting temperature: 545 F
- Lanyard: 3mm braided nylon
System comes with:
- (1) Carabiner - 3” Aluminum – not intended for climbing
- (4) Retention Clips - Stainless steel with a 6-8 pound pull release
- (4) Wedges with with lanyards