Intelagard Macaw Backpack provides versatile power in a totally independent Compressed Air Foam (CAF) backpack. More powerful than standard extinguishers, the multipurpose Macaw can be used for fire suppression, exposure protection , mop-up, hazardous materials cleanup as well as decontamination.
The award-winning Macaw harnesses the strength of stored air energy in a comfortable backpack design. Ease of operation combines with rugged construction to create a portable CAF system that is reliable and ready for instant response in the most demanding situations.
The Macaw multiplies its five gallons (18.9L) of carried water into as much as 175 gallons (66.2L) of finished foam through Intelagard’s proprietary Enviroshield® expansion technology. The Macaw can shoot a stream of foam up to 30 feet (9.2m) enabling the user to maintain a safe distance from the target.
- Totally portable for rapid response
- Fully independent of hoses or other umbilical support systems
- Easy to operate with a foolproof point and shoot activation
- Comfortable for a wide range of body types
- Effective in optimizing the performance of Class A, AFFF, AR-AFFF, protein, fluroprotein, decontamination foams and hazmat remediation formulas.
- Dependable performance, high quality construction
- Adaptable – utilizes a wide range of air cylinders
- Available with optional compressor port
- Affordable and easily refillable
- System Dimensions: 26.5 in (67.31 cm) H x 17.3 in (43.94 cm) W x 13 in (33.02 cm) D
- Operating Pressure: ~100 psi (6.9 BAR)
- Liquid Capacity: 5 gal. (19 L)
- Projection Distance: ~30 ft (9.14 m)
- Foam Expansion: ~35:1*
- System Weight Dry (w/o cylinder): ~17.5 lb (7.9 kg); w/empty air cylinder add~12 lb (5.44 kg)
- System Weight Full (w/5 gal. (19 L) liquid & full air cylinder): ~72 lb (32.66 kg)
- Discharge Hose: 5 ft (1.52 m), 1/2 in (1.27 cm) diameter
- Standard Nozzle: Intelagard Smooth Bore