BigBoy Hose Monster™
Ships Directly From the Manufacturer
Ships via Standard Ground
Typically ships in 1-2 Days
Hose Monster CompanyView more by Hose Monster Company
The Hose Monster Company is committed to providing the best products in the world for testing fire pumps and fire hydrants. We are focused on providing solutions that help save lives and property by verifying fire protection systems perform when a fire occurs.
The BigBoy Hose Monster is intended to be used with a hose and should not be attached directly to a hydrant. The unit comes standard with a 4" NH connection and can be flowed from a larger sized connection by use reducing hose or adapters. Your hose choice will depend on: 1) the diameter of the water source connection, 2) the thread or connection type, and 3) the hose length.
Taking Flow Readings
The BigBoy GPM Gauge is calibrated to read flow-rate directly from the gauge face. No conversion chart is necessary. If you use another pressure gauge instead of the BigBoy GPM Gauge the BigBoy Hose Monster flow chart must be used to convert from psi to GPM. A 0-60 psi gauge is the most suitable range.
- Perfect for Hydrant Flow Testing or Water Main Flushing
- Uses the patented FM Approved Pitotless Nozzle™ so you’ll never have to change out a pitot because it got hit by a rock.
- Read your GPM flow-rate directly on the gauge face while flowing
- Weighs only 13 lbs. yet handles high flow hydrants up to 2,700 GPM
- 4" NH standard connection size, other thread specs are available.
- Flow from 4.5", or 5" STORZ connections with additional accessories
- Big Boy Hose Monster Body: Made from glass-filled Polypropylene
- Big Boy Pitotless Nozzle 4": Measures 750 to 2,700 GPM; Factory-installed
- Big Boy GPM Gauge: Reads both GPM flow-rate and psi; 4" dial; liquid-filled