- Designed in accordance with NFPA Standard 11 for Low-, Medium-, and High-Expansion Foam
- UL162 listed as a synthetic alcohol resistant foam concentrate for use on hydrocarbon and polar solvent fuel fires
- Passes UL162 type III test protocol on hydrocarbons at the same design application rate (0.10 gpm/ft2 (4.1 Lpm/m2)) as traditional AR-AFFF products with similar control times – Recommended for use at 0.10 gpm/ft2 (4.1 Lpm/m2) for spill fire applications
- Effective control and suppression on hydrocarbon fuels
- Superior drain times to high-quality AR-AFFFs, delivering a longer lasting foam blanket for better burnback resistance and vapor suppression post-extinguishment
CHEMGUARD® NFF 3x3 UL201 foam solution utilizes three suppression mechanisms intended for rapid fire knockdown and superior burnback resistance:
- The foam blanket blocks oxygen supply to the fuel and suppress fuel vapor with extended drain times for better vapor suppression after extinguishment.
- On polar solvent fires, liquid drains from the foam blanket and forms a polymeric membrane which protects the foam from destruction by the polar fuel, suppresses vapors, and seals the fuel surface.
- The water content of the foam solution produces a cooling effect for additional fire suppression.
CHEMGUARD® NFF 3x3 UL201 is defined as a non-fluorinated firefighting foam concentrate, produced in equipment free from the use of PFAS chemistry. Since this product is free from any intentionally added PFAS chemistry, and precautions have been used to avoid PFAS contamination, it inherently complies with Directives (EU) 2017/1000 on PFOA and 2019/1021 (EU POPs directive) as a non-fluorinated product.
Approvals, Listings, and Standards
Typical physiochemical properties
Appearance Viscous yellow liquid
Density 1.04 + 0.02 g/ml
pH 7.0 - 8.0
Refractive Index 1.365 minimum
Viscosity* 1790 + 250 cPs at 60 rpm
Viscosity* 2900 + 500 cPs at 30 rpm
Freeze Point** 24 °F (-4 °C)
Storage and Operating Range 10 °F (-12 °C)
*Brookfield Viscometer Spindle #4
**per new EN1568:2018 protocol
CHEMGUARD® NFF 3x3 UL201 Foam Concentrate is a non- Newtonian fluid that is both pseudoplastic and thixotropic. Due to these properties, dynamic viscosity will decrease as shear increases.
CHEMGUARD® NFF 3x3 UL201 Foam Concentrate is intended for use on both types of Class B fires: hydrocarbon fuels with low water solubility, such as crude oils, gasolines, diesel fuels, and aviation fuels; and polar solvent fuels with appreciable water solubility, such as methyl and ethyl alcohol, acetone, and methyl ethyl ketone. It may also be used in conjunction with dry chemical agents to provide even greater fire suppression performance.
CHEMGUARD® NFF 3x3 UL201 is well-suited for use in applications such as municipal and industrial response for spill and limited scale Type III hazards as well as foam systems with Type II discharge devices. Examples of these applications include:
- Industrial chemical and petroleum processing facilities
- Truck/rail loading and unloading facilities
- Flammable liquid containment areas
- Mobile equipment
CHEMGUARD® 3% x 3% Non-Fluorinated Foam Concentrate Brochure
CHEMGUARD® 3% x 3% Non-Fluorinated Foam Concentrate Data Sheet