Hyfin Vent Chest Seal
Advanced adhesive technology provides superior adhesion in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties. Packaged in a more compact, rugged, easy-to-open foil pouch, each chest seal also includes a gauze pad to wipe the wound surface prior to application. The HyFin® Vent Chest Seal has a large red pull tab for single-step peel-and-apply application and allows for the burping of the wound if necessary. The clear, transparent backing facilitates easy placement over the wound area and conformability to the patient’s chest.
Meets or exceeds the current EMS Standard of Care and TCCC & TECC Guidelines for treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest, the new HyFin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack is the superior prehospital chest seal.
- New, more compact packaging
- Patented, new design with 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Advanced adhesive technology for a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties
- 3-vent channels that prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inspiration while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation
- Vent channels allow blood to escape and provides a backup fail-safe system as even if two of the three channels become obstructed, the vent will remain fully operational
- Easy-to-grip, large red tab for single step, peel-and-apply application that allows for the burping of the wound if necessary
- Rugged, easy-to-open foil package featuring signature Red-Tip Technology® tear notches
- Device: H 6 in. x W 6 in.
- Packaged - H 4.625 in. x W 7.5 in. x D 0.1 in.
- Weight: 1.37 oz
- U.S. Patents: 7,504,549 & Patent(s) Pending